Cozy pubs, friendly locals and a city steeped in history; these are just some of the many reasons why Dublin is such a welcoming and fantastic host city for the 2017 Social Simulation Conference.
Some facts about Dublin:
• 2,000 year old history
• Began as two separate settlements, “Atha Cliath” and “Dubh Linn”
• Vikings were the first settlers
• Home to literary greats Joyce, Shaw, Beckett and Wilde
• The “oldest pub in Ireland” The Brazen Head, dates back to 1138
• 10 million glasses of Guinness are produced every day
• Phoenix park is the largest urban park in Europe
For more information on Dublin city, check out the following articles:
15 great reasons to visit Dublin by Visit Dublin
Why meet in Dublin by the Dublin Convention Bureau
25 reasons to go to Dublin by Condé Nast Traveller
To see some more useful information about Dublin, click here.
The Dublin Pass is a sightseeing card, which allows visitors to experience everything Dublin has to offer while saving both time and money. It includes free entry to 33 top attractions, as well as a wide range of additional discounts and dining offers.
For more information, please visit https://www.dublinpass.com/